Tuesday, May 18, 2010

CATE BLANCHETT CONFIRMS THAT RUSSELL CROWE IS A DOUCHE

...in a nice way. The always classy and ultra-talented Cate Blanchett is out promoting Robin Hood, her film with Russell Crowe. While remaining a lady about it, Cate confirms that Russell's reputation as a Class-A butthole is firmly intact. Cate tells Parade.com, "Russell is not always easy. His reputation both as an actor and as an intimidating presence precedes him. But he's always after making the best possible film. I'm not backward in coming forward, so we had some, shall I say, robust conversations. When I'm working, I like to push it right to the edge. I believe if you're going to do something, you should do it all the way. Don't take a journey if you know you're going to be bored. As far as being competitive, I think the only useful competition I've had is with myself." Well, Crowe certainly CANNOT compete with Cate's talent, that's for sure. I haven't seen the movie and I remember upon seeing the trailer my first thought was, "damn, Cate! Now I'm going to have to see a Russell Crowe movie? C'mon!". Anyway, the movie is in theaters now. Cate is set to begin filming The Hobbit, the prequel to The Lord of the Rings trilogy, next month. [source]

No comments:

Post a Comment