Thursday, May 13, 2010

RAPPER LADY SOVEREIGN IS A LESBIAN

Not THAT shocking news today from the rap world: British rapper Lady Sovereign is gay. The tiny Brit with the potty mouth has really only had one notable hit here in the States, Love Me or Hate Me, which was pretty catchy, but she is quite a tabloid celebrity overseas. The rapper insists she was not hiding and would have come out sooner, but her publicist persuaded her to keep her sexuality a secret. Lady Sovereign tells gay magazine Diva, "Magazines would always ask about it but would get stopped by my publicists. It was my choice, too, because I was a bit worried about it - but now I don’t really give a shit. You can’t hide away forever. It’s just stupid and now I’ve come out I feel a lot more comfortable with myself. But it was a bit scary back then, because some people do have horrible opinions." Sure, I understand her hesitancy. She is a rapper, first of all, and she is a pop star. Those are hard things to give up if you have to. Hopefully her career, as it were, will stay the same or even get better now that she can be more comfortable with herself. How about you now, Queen Latifah?? [source][image]

No comments:

Post a Comment