Friday, May 7, 2010

SCISSOR SISTERS DEBUT NEW SINGLE "FIRE WITH FIRE"

Scissor Sisters, the amazy New York band, is getting ready to release their third studio album, Night Work , and they just debuted thier new single, Fire with Fire, during a BBC interview with Jake Shears. He talks about all the material the band decided not to use and how they basically threw it all away and started from scratch to creat the new album. Shears says:

"In my heart I knew it wasn't right. I didn't really know what it was trying to say. It left me a little bit cold...I just ran away - I left for Berlin and was there for a couple of months. I just forgot about songwriting and had a good time and let go a bit. That was the impetus for this album. It was more about feeling like a kid again, enjoying a certain sense of anonymity and not having to answer to anyone. I was by myself, I had a fantastic time and I think the record really reflects that....I knew this record was really important, it had to be great. If it wasn't great, if it wasn't something we could fully get behind and believe in, I think the band was going to be over. If we put out anything sub-standard, it was curtains for Scissor Sisters. We ended in a weird spot with the last one, I felt very neutered and sexless. I felt like the band had been a bit watered down by the time we finished the last campaign and it was really important to me to get our sexiness back...I felt like we'd packaged ourselves. I felt like we were stuffed animals, a bit. I felt kind of old. And we weren't going to make good music again until that youthful energy came back into our personalities, especially with me."

Well, now they're back and sexy as ever!! The songs has that twinge of Elton John that the Sisters carry with their own special brand of sass. Jake is one of the hottest guys in rock (look at that azz) and an out and proud gay man. I love the Scissor Sisters and VERY much look forward to the release of Night Work. Listen to Fire with Fire HERE!!!!. HOT! [source]

No comments:

Post a Comment