Monday, May 3, 2010

JORDIN SPARKS JOINS BROADWAY CAST OF IN THE HEIGHTS

Jordin Sparks, the 2007 American Idol winner, is headed for the Great White Way. Jordan will join the cast of the Tony award winning show In the Heights on August 19th and stay with the production through November 14th at the Richard Rogers Theatre. "It’s always been one of my dreams to perform on Broadway,” Sparks said in a statement. “This is a brand new experience for me. I look so forward to spending time in New York City and joining this talented cast and my favorite new musical." The show is really excellent and Jordin has a beautiful voice, so I am sure she will fit right in. She will be playing the role of Nina, the girl from the block who is the first in her family to go to college, but has to drop out when she loses her scholarship. There's a lot of acting involved, so it'll be interesting to see if Jordan can do that as well as she sings. I hope so!! [source]

No comments:

Post a Comment