Saturday, April 9, 2011

NEW BOOK: THE NEW CLEAN - JON SANDS

Jon Sands is a brilliant poet. Not only does Jon write, perform and teach, he also reaches out to his community in ways that most only talk about, like being the Director of Poetry Education Programming at the Positive Health Project. His new book, The New Clean, is a collection of his poems that touches on subjects from love to death to partying your junk off in NYC. Touching, brave, deep, funny and at times soul shattering, the collection is well worth the read. Go HERE to read more about Jon and go HERE to get your copy of this amazing collection. I was in lucky enough to be in attendance last night to watch Jon read from the book and be a part of his friends and family celebrating his success. It was magical, y'all. Oh, did I mention he's my brother-in-law to-be? Yes. But I think of him as my brother. BUY THE DAMN BOOK!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment