Friday, April 8, 2011

ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER EYEING MADONNA FOR MUSICAL FILM OF SUNSET BOULEVARD

OH MY GOD!! I don't know if Madonna would be so thrilled, but Andrew Lloyd Webber thinks she would be perfect for the role of Norma Desmond in a movie version of his musical Sunset Boulevard. The show ran on Broadway with Glenn Close, with other divas following, in 1994. Webber tells Broadwayworld.com that he wants Madonna for a movie version, stating, "She's the right age.... I've not got through to her. She hasn't taken my call this time." Based on the 1950 film starring Gloria Swanson, the story revolves around Desmond, a faded silent screen star, living in the past in her decaying mansion on the fabled Los Angeles Sunset Boulevard. The show won 7 Tony Awards, including Best Musical in and Best Actress in a Musical in 1996. Is Madonna ready to play a faded anything? Doubt it. But it would be another opportunity to do a musical, the type of film she got her best reviews and a Golden Globe for. Remember Evita? I've seen 100 times, so I do. I kinda hope she goes for it. I'd like to see her in another musical. They could sex it up a bit for her maybe. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment