Saturday, September 26, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN!!!!

Aside from it also being my sister Wendy's birthday, the first lady of song I was ever obssessed with, Olivia Newton John, is 61 today. ONJ was my Madonna before Madonna. I LOVED her and danced around my room to her songs 24/7. Olivia started off as a country singer with hits like I Honestly Love You, Deeper than a River, If You Love Me, Let Me Be There and More. She started her pop career with Grease and the amazingness associated with it. Her hit Physical spent about a million weeks at #1 on the Hot 100 (well, 10 weeks in November 1981) and had many other hits like Xanadu (cheese-tastic video from the movie of the same name below), A Little More Love, Make a Move On Me, Magic and Twist of Fate. I will always love me some ONJ. She is supes fantasgreat. Worship her all day or you will be mauled by pitbulls.

No comments:

Post a Comment