Wednesday, September 30, 2009

FLASHBACK: GEORGE MICHAEL - FATHER FIGURE


Oh, George Michael. You were the hottest thing since......something really hot. In 1987, GM was riding high on the success of his first solo album, Faith, and I was riding high in my pants over this song!!! Father Figure is supes sexy and the lyrics are brills. The song was originally meant to be an uptempo record, but during the mixing of the song, GM turned off the beat and found that he liked the song better without it. Thank the Lord of the Rings, because I can't imagine it any other way. Looking back on what Gorgeous George looked like in the 80s it makes my underwear cry to see his drunk-clown-with-a-facelift look he's got going on now. Lay off the booze, GM!!! I still love you and will ALWAYS love Father Figure. Watch the video HERE.

2 comments:

  1. That video you posted is a little strange. I think it's a remix or some remaster of the original. Here's the original in case want to compare and contrast! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0z2TWkwD6M

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS, BABE. That was the only one with an embedding code, so I used it without watching. I added a link now. :)

    ReplyDelete