Wednesday, April 30, 2014

PHARRELL RECALLS A LITTLE SCUFFLE WITH MADONNA

Madonna's 2008 album Hard Candy featured quite a few songs she wrote with super-producer Pharrell Williams, but little did we know that the two battled during the recording process. In a radio interview recently Pharrell recalled the run-in. "The gist of it was that we kept doing this one take over and over and I just saw where it was going...I saw her beginning to get frustrated, so I was trying to get her to deviate from that and just try something different and she was like, ‘I got it!’..."
When Pharrell snapped back, "Listen, you can’t just talk to me any kind of way..." Madonna suggested the pair take the conversation outside of the studio. They talked it over and Pharrell says, "We went upstairs and had our little battle...It was cool and we hugged it out."
Well, I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall upstairs!!! I'm sure it was nothing major because Pharrell appeared in the video for the song Give It 2 Me that they wrote together. The songs Williams wrote with Madonna were definitely the highlights of the album for sure. Take a listen to them below.

No comments:

Post a Comment