Sunday, November 10, 2013

FLASHBACK: MY MUSIC IN 1985: NOVEMBER 10th

IT'S A TIE!!! What? How does that even work? Ha. Well, my 1985 self apparently could not make a decision on the #1 song for this week, girl. It was just too hard. I had pants to pinch-roll and hair to tease. Anyhoo, this week sees a lot of new songs jumping onto the top 30 in my world, including the delicious Sting and the amazy Simple Minds. Sheila E. has, with the inclusion of Holly Rock, three songs in the top 30. Tina Turner joins Bryan Adams for a classic 80s duet and Wham! is back with a song that made me tingle where my bathing suit covered. Check out the link for Whitney Houston's Saving All My Love For You. It's her performance from the 1986 Grammy Awards which won her an Emmy. See what she did there? Anyway, if you remember 1985 then you'll remember how excited I must have been to have all this music. So click some links and enjoy your Sunday morning. It's totally radical!!

30. It's Only Love - Bryan Adams and Tina Turner
29. Holly Rock - Sheila E.
28. Love is the Seventh Wave - Sting
27. I'm Your Man - Wham!
26. Do It For Love - Sheena Easton
25. Object of My Desire - Starpoint
24. I Miss You - Klymaxx
23. Alive and Kicking - Simple Minds
22. Screams of Passion - The Family
21. Emergency - Kool & The Gang
20. Perfect Way - Scritti Politti
19. Lover Come Back to Me - Dead or Alive
18. Election Day - Arcadia
17. Party All The Time - Eddie Murphy
16. Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves - Eurythmics and Aretha Franklin
15. Saving All My Love For You - Whitney Houston
14. Sleeping Bag - ZZ Top
13. America - Prince & The Revolution
12. A Love Bizarre - Sheila E. with Prince
11. Who's Zoomin' Who - Aretha Franklin
10. Soul Kiss - Olivia Newton John
09. One of the Living - Tina Turner
08. Oak Tree - Morris Day
07. Broken Wings - Mr. Mister
06. Be Near Me - ABC
05. Sister Fate - Sheila E.
04. Separate Lives - Phil Collins and Marilyn Martin
03. Miami Vice Theme - Jan Hammer
01(B) Never - Heart
01(A) Lay Your Hands On Me - Thompson Twins

No comments:

Post a Comment