Tuesday, May 10, 2011

OPRAH IS COMING TO BROADWAY

Of course she is. What CAN'T this woman make happen. Oprah Winfrey has announced that she is working on a dream she's had forever: performing on Broadway! The Big O tells the Chicago Tribune:
"I have a stack of plays in my bag right now that I am reading. And just this past weekend, I was in New York meeting with producers. We were just talking about what would be the best route to take. But yes, this is really going to happen... Life is too short. I think that an ensemble production is the way I should go."
Winfrey discussed her desire to join the show Fences, which was on Broadway with Denzel Washington last season, but her schedule would not permit it.
"I had always wanted to do Fences. I went through the idea of trying to take my show to New York, shoot a show during the daytime and appear on Broadway at night. But I couldn't do it. And finally, Kenny (the director) said he couldn't wait any longer."
Well, now she's gonna do it herself. Winfrey is also reportedly starring in the film adaptation of Pulitzer Prize winning play Ruined. Looks like we're going to see "actress Oprah" again soon. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment