Saturday, May 7, 2011

DIVA DAY: IRENE CARA, CYNDI LAUPER

Oooooh, I lived for these two. I danced around, twirling and rubbing my thighs a la Jennifer Beals to Irene Cara's Flashdance.. What a Feeling for a solid year. No joke. I was obsessed. Poor management lead to a woefully short career for Irene who, by any standard, should have become a mega-star. Her voice, acting and charisma were top notch. I have listened to her album What a Feeling about 3 million times and counting. Love her! Anyone who reads my blog know how I feel about Cyndi Lauper. She is truly one of the most unique talents in the music business and such an inspiration for a generation of artists. There is no stopping her even today as she shows range with each album. Here are two of my fave divas for you: Irene Cara (Why Me) and Cyndi Lauper (She Bop).

No comments:

Post a Comment