Tuesday, December 21, 2010

FLASHBACK: SHEILA E.

I saw Prince at Madison Square Garden this past weekend. It was truly one of the best shows I have ever seen. He is timeless and ageless and wonderful. One REALLY special surprise for me was when Sheila E. rose up from under the stage with her drum set. (The pic from the show) I almost died! Sheila E. was already a sought after session drummer when Prince decided she should move to the front and helped her launch her solo career. Anyway, she sang The Glamorous Life, one of my fave songs of all time, and played the drums like a DIVA! She had on a tight dress that showed she is in TOP form. When she came back for the encore she sang her hit duet with Prince A Love Bizarre and it was a dream come true for me. I thought I had lost the chance forever to see Sheila E. play live, and there she was. It was a very special moment for me. Here are some of Sheila's best and greatest hits. Check her out.
























No comments:

Post a Comment