Friday, December 10, 2010

AMAZY MUSIC AWARDS: SINGLES (5-1)

Here it is!!! The moment you have all been waiting for: the top 5 singles of 2010 as compiled by your friendly neighborhood narcissist. It's been quite a year in the music biz, but these artist have come through for me. They are all past faves and remained at the top of their game with stunning performances and albums this year. It was REALLY REALLY REALLY hard to pick the #1 song, but in the end it came down to catchiness, sass and gut feeling. In case you need a look back here are 20-16, 15-11 and 10-6 for you viewing pleasure. Without further adieu, here are the top 5 singles of 2010.

5. Alejandro - Lady Gaga. With and addictive hook and killer chorus, Gaga remained our Lady again this year. This video is one of the most stunning pieces of art I have ever seen as well.


4. All the Lovers - Kylie Minogue. Kylie does not disappoint with this dance floor anthem about love. Looking beautiful as ever with lots of half naked hotties around her, Kylie got me right through the heart with this one.


3. Goldfrapp - Alive. Alive is everything I love about pop music: synths, bright chorus, great vocals and 80s 80s 80s. It's like an Olivia Newton John song on acid. And in true Goldfrapp tradition, the video is TWISTED!!!! Here is Goldfrapp top charter this year on my list.


2. Dancing On My Own - Robyn. This was a close one. DOMO is pure pop ecstasy. Sad and vibrant and danceable and woeful all at once, Robyn brings emotion to the dance floor and leaves me crying. Amazing song, amazing artist.


1. Teenage Dream - Katy Perry. There was just no beating this one for me. The song is perfect. Great lyrics, nostalgic, catchy verse, perfect chorus and the best bridge I have heard in YEARS!!!! I'ma getcha heart racing in my skintight jeans..... Katy, you earned this one. Here is my #1 song of 2010. Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment