Friday, April 17, 2015

KYLIE MINOUGUE DISCUSSES AGEISM AND MADONNA

Pop goddess Kylie Minogue is not going to sit idly by and watch The Queen get age-shamed. No, ma'am. Kylie recently spoke to The Herald Sun about her view on getting older in the business and what we all want from Madonna.
"There’s common ground for myself and Madonna there. I don’t even take notice of how old my friends are. It’s a sign of the times today that age isn’t that relevant. Certainly not to me or my generation. Therefore it’s kind of hard to explain. Having said that I’ll be the first one to joke ‘Oh come on, I’m not in my undies again am I?’ I did a lingerie shoot the other day, it’s kind of astounding, but it’s happening and I’m not forcing it. I’m just going with the flow. I don’t think people want to see Madonna in an old Greek lady’s house dress on the stoop do they? They want glamour, they want fantasy. Maybe it doesn’t make sense in every day life, whatever normal is, I don’t even know any more. But it’s definitely something I struggle to even talk about. You just want to get past it, basically. For me it’s just about taste. There’s a certain way to do things. I hope I get it right more often than I get it wrong."

No comments:

Post a Comment