Friday, December 14, 2012

MADONNA FRIDAY: JUMP

First of all, I must preface this by saying this is my fave Madonna song of all time.... and that is not easy for me to pick, girl! Jump was the fourth and final single released from Madge's amazy Confessions on a Dance Floor album and was released on October 31, 2006. Time flies. Written by Stuart Price and Joe Henry (who is Madonna's brother-in-law, by the way), the song is about empowerment and has a crazy upbeat, clubby vibe to it. Jump was often compared to Madonna's big, dancable 80s hits. It became her 37th No. 1 on the Hot Dance Club Play chart and her 7th No. 1 on the Hot 100 Singles Sales Chart (the one that REALLY matters), #1 on the Hot Dance Airplay chart and was also a highlight of the Confessions tour with the dancers jumping off platforms and swinging through an aparatus set up in the middle of the stage. I absolutely worship this song. I cannot gym without it. Enjoy the jaunty, lively video for Jump and I dare you not to shake your ass to it. I DARE YOU! FINE! I'll include the concert clip too. Happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment