Friday, September 7, 2012

MADONNA FRIDAY: MDNA TOUR REVIEW, SINGLES AND VIDEOS

AHHH!! I finally saw Madonna's MDNA tour last night at Yankee Stadium. It was EVERYTHING! The girl knows how to put on a show!!! From the opening of Girl Gone Wild to the finale of Celebration, I was enthralled! I think it was one of her most spirited, inspired tours she's ever done. I was mostly smiling and moving my hips for the whole show. AH-MAH-ZING! My fave parts? Oh would say the floating drum line in Give Me All Your Luvin', the Nicki Minaj cameo during I Don't Give A, and the fan fave off MDNA, I'm Addicted. Of course it was packed with a ton of hits we all know like Vogue, Like a Prayer and Papa Don't Preach. I also REALLY loved her mashup of Express Yourself and Born This Way, by Lady Gaga. Awesome!!! The show also made me REALLY appreciate her commitment to continuing the art of making great pop music, which brings us to today's post. MDNA has been GROSSLY under appreciated since its release last March and it's a damn shame. Madonna put together a fierce collection of pop songs that range from dark and scary to joyful to sexy to beautiful pop balladry. Some truly brilliant moments on this disc. If you haven't checked it out yet (c'mon!), do it and thank me later. Today I'm gonna give you a 1,2,3 punch of MDNA singles and videos with Give Me All Your Luvin', Girl Gone Wild and Turn Up the Radio.