Wednesday, September 26, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN

The first woman I ever worshiped (besides my Mom of course) is turning 64 today!! Yes, Olivia Newton-John, Sandy!, is 64. I have watched Grease about a thousand times and Xanadu more than I can count. I have spent hours and hours dancing around my room to Physical, Make a Move on Me, You're the One That I Want, Twist of Fate, Xanadu, Heart Attack, Magic, and (my fave) A Little More Love (among others), and not just as a child, I was doing it last week!!! Olivia started off as a country cutie, actually winning an American Country Music award in 1973 as Most Promising Female Vocalist and a Grammy Award for Best Female Country Vocal Performance, and then turned to pop after doing Grease and realizing she had a whole other, sexified woman living inside her. Her pop hits culminated in her having THE biggest song of the 80s with Physical and, according to Billboard Magazine itself, that song is the SIXTH among all the songs on the Hot 100 in its 50 year history! Can I get a what-what? She is still recording. She's an actress, and entrepreneur, a philanthropist and a mother (daughter in her belly in the video for Soul Kiss below). Olivia's career is far from over and she is looking as beautiful as ever (the pic I posted in recent). Here are a few videos to enjoy today from ONJ. Celebrate her, bitches!



No comments:

Post a Comment