Wednesday, September 26, 2012

HUMPDAY SEXY SONG: I TOUCH MYSELF - DIVINYLS

Released in January 1991, the Divinyls' I Touch Myself caused quite a stir. The sexy, saucy lyrics were pretty controversial at the time, but despite that the song reached #4 on the Billboard Hot 100. Take that, prudes!!! The song was written by band members Christina Amphlett and Mark McEntee with powerhouse songwriting team Tom Kelly and Billy Steinberg. Kelly and Steinberg wrote such hits as Like a Virgin, True Colors, I'll Stand By You, and So Emotional among others. Christina came across an entry in their notebook with lyric ideas for I Touch Myself, loved it, and they all completed the song together. Thus, sexy song history was made. The song was famously used in the first Austin Powers movie to great effect. So shut off the lights and listen to the Divinyls' I Touch Myself, you big perv.

No comments:

Post a Comment