Wednesday, February 1, 2012

TAYLOR SWIFT NOT DOING THE LES MIZ MOVIE AFTER ALL

Taylor Swift, the eternally-surprised country starlet, was widely believed to be the choice for pivotal role of Eponine in the Toby Hooper movie production of Les Miserables, but turns out, she AIN'T! Producer Cameron Mackintosh announced the cast today and the role is being played by British actress Samantha Barks. Barks has a musical background, currently starring in the stage production of Oliver! and having actually played Eponine in the 25th anniversary concert of Les Miz. I gotta say, this is a great thing. No offense to Taylor, and Imma let her finish, but Samantha is a much more appropriate choice. Of course, the teenage girl in me still wants to see Lea Michele (over)act Eponine on the big screen, but Taylor was not doing it for me, so Barks will do. Check out the clip below of her belting out On My Own, the iconic Eponine number from Les Miz. Pretty impressive, y'all. Oh, and below that is the performance from the concert at the Hollywood Bowl in 2008 of Lea Michele. You be the judge. (but really I am, and I say Lea.)


No comments:

Post a Comment