Tuesday, November 16, 2010

NEW ANNIE LENNOX: GOD REST YE MERRY GENTLEMEN

Now, don't get me wrong I HATE CHRISTMAS MUSIC! Pretty much Xmas in general, but when someone does something so wonderful and dark, I have to love it. And when that someone is the goddess Annie Lennox, I love it even more. Annie's new Xmas cd A Christmas Cornucopia is out now and the first single and video is God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. It's lovely and dark and brilliant. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! The whole album is truly amazing with Annie's voice in top form and the take on traditional Xmas music, with heavy drums and haunting layered harmonies, being much darker and unlike any I have heard before. Watch and listen below and click the link attached to the album name above to buy the cd on iTunes. Hell, I may even get in the Xmas spirit this year. Just kidding. I won't.


No comments:

Post a Comment