Thursday, November 18, 2010

FLASHBACK: NIA PEEPLES - TROUBLE

OMG!! This is one of my favorite non-Madonna songs of the 80s. Nia Peeples shot to fame on..well...Fame, the tv series and soon after started her music career. Never a household name per se, Nia hit the charts with Trouble in 1988 and drove my acid wash denim covered butt crazy. How this song did not end up on Paula Abdul's album is beyond me, but I'm kinda glad it didn't because Nia tore it up and the song is a 80s dance classic. The video is an outstanding example of the 80s dance video: choreography, check; hot girl, check; cheeseball 80s guy stereotypes, check. YAY!!!! Nia had a couple of hits after this (namely Kissing the Wind, another fave of mine, watch the super sexy video) and is still acting today, looking better than ever (seriously, google her), but this one is my fave. Check out her #1 dance hit from 1988 Trouble. HOW DID THIS GIRL NOT BECOME A GIGANTIC STAR?????


No comments:

Post a Comment