Thursday, July 22, 2010

MISS NEW YORK TO RUN FOR MISS AMERICA ON GAY RIGHTS PLATFORM. YAY!

FINALLY!! Miss New York, Claire Buffie (I'm living for the name btw) will be the first contestant to ever run for Miss America on a gay rights platform. Amazing! Smart, articulate and pretty, Claire seems to be the perfect mouthpiece for the movement. Buffie says, "I fell like gay rights are the civil rights movement of my generation, and I think it's really important to have straight ally support because any time you want to effect a change with a minority you have to have support from the majority, and I'm that voice now...My older sister Sarah is a lesbian, but in addition to her, I grew up in the performing arts. So many of my friends are LGBT, and it's my duty as a straight ally to represent them." Watch her interview with Plum TV here. [source] [image]

No comments:

Post a Comment