Tuesday, May 26, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, STEVIE NICKS!!

You may or may not know it, but Stevie Nicks is an official goddess on earth. I have thus declared. Deal with it. The White Witch of Rock and Roll turns 67 today and I can think of no better reason to celebrate. Stevie has been nailing since the early '70s when she formed a duo with her then boyfriend/musical partner Lindsey Buckingham called Buckingham Nicks (how did they come up with that?) and were quickly snatched up to be a part of Fleetwood Mac. They did all right with them, if I recall correctly. Stevie stepped out on her own in the '80s and charted some classic pop rock tracks that blew my mind and made me want to do pivot turns and wear scarves for L-I-F-E! She's battled drugs, overcome great sadness in her life and put it all down on paper and vinyl to help us through the same things, so you better PRAISE her, y'all!!! Happy birthday, Stevie. Here is some of the Goddess' greatest. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment