Thursday, September 26, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN!!

My Madonna-before-Madonna, Olivia Newton John, is turning 65 today! Yes, Sandy is 65. We are all old. I have seriously loved ONJ since I can remember. My step-grandmother had her old albums on vinyl when I was a kid and I would listen to them every time I visited their house.Please Mr. Please, I Honestly Love You, Have You Never Been Mellow, Let Me Be There...the list of 70s country hits is A-MAH-ZING! Then of course you get to Grease!! That movie lead to a complete change in her career and a move toward pop/rock music like A Little More Love (below), Physical, Make a Move On Me, Landslide and songs from the camp-tastic movie Xanada of course; Magic, Suddenly. I'm all aflutter just thinking of them. Olivia is a goddess and anyone who doesn't think so is a pop-culture atheist. There, I said it. My fave ONJ song is A Little More Love, so I am forcing you to listen to it and watch the video below. She's so pretty! Celebrate today by putting on something trashy and completely changing who you are to attract a man that is clearly beneath you. It's what Sandy would do!


No comments:

Post a Comment