Wednesday, September 18, 2013

LADY GAGA SINGING TITLE SONG FROM "ARTPOP" AT iTUNES FESTIVAL

Depending on who you talk to, Lady Gaga's iTunes Festival performance was either amazing or a total self-indulgent mess. I am somewhere in the middle. Since the first time I saw Gaga perform at the tiny, intimate space at Terminal 5 just a couple of months after her first #1 single, my only complaint about her concerts is her LONG LONG LONG-ASS monologues between songs. I like a little banter, but C'MON, GURL! Give me a song at least every hour on the hour. Ha. I love her though, don't get me wrong. Her performance kicked off the iTunes festival with no old hits but 8 brand new songs from her upcoming ARTPOP album, and the songs themselves sound pretty promising.....not super commercial, but promising. Gaga changed on stage several times (taking her sweet ass time), wore her own hair for a while (a short black bob, BTWs) and sang songs about sex, love, drugs and being yourself. This song in particular, the title track, really caught my ear balls. It's got a Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, industrial kind of feel to it and I think it'll be a hit. Check out ARTPOP below and, if you are curious, go HERE to check out Gaga's full festival performance. There's even an app for that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment