Sunday, February 10, 2013

FLASHBACK: MY MUSIC IN 1985: FEBRUARY 10th

Oh, boy. This was towards the start of a beautiful relationship. Madonna debuts big on my top 30 with her then new single, Material Girl, placing two singles in the top 10 at the same time for the first of many times to come. That girl's got something. Mark my word. Lots of big drops this week too, including Stevie Wonder just missing the top 10 by dropping from 11 to 28. You can't win 'em all, Stevie. Foreigner, Ray Parker, Jr. and Hall and Oates all drop significantly as well. Also debuting is one of my favorite 80s chanteuses as well, Ms. Sheena Easton. LOVE HER! I am sure I had no idea what "sugar walls" she was referencing, but I do now and since Prince wrote it, it's no surprise at all. Oh, the innocence and naiveté of the 80s. If we could all have just a touch of that back again, the world would be so full of wonder. But I digress. 1985 me was okay not knowing. Okay, here ya go with my top 30 on the week of February 10, 1985. Click the links for fun!

30. Do They Know It's Christmas - Band Aid
29. I Want To Know What Love Is - Foreigner
28. Love Light In Flight - Stevie Wonder
27. Method of Modern Love - Hall & Oates
26. Keepin' the Faith - Billy Joel
25. Jamie - Ray Parker, Jr.
24. You're the Inspiration - Chicago
23. Save a Prayer - Duran Duran
22. Sugar Walls - Sheena Easton 
21. Misled - Kool & The Gang
20. I Can't Fight This Feeling - REO Speedwagon
19. Relax - Frankie Goes to Hollywood 
18. Private Dancer - Tina Turner
17. Mr. Telephone Man - New Edition
16. Take Me With U - Prince & The Revolution (duet with Apollonia)
15. California Girls - David Lee Roth
14. Operator - Midnight STar
13. Solid - Ashford & Simpson
12. Call to the Heart - Giuffria
11. Foolish Heart - Steve Perry
10. The Heat Is On - Glenn Frey
09. Mistake #3 - Culture Club
08. Material Girl - Madonna
07. Like a Virgin - Madonna
06. Jungle Love - The Time
05. Money Changes Everything - Cyndi Lauper
04. Neutron Dance - The Pointer Sisters
03. Loverboy - Billy Ocean
02. Careless Whisper - Wham!
01. I Would Die 4 U - Prince & The Revolution (4th Week)

No comments:

Post a Comment