Monday, September 15, 2014

ANNIE LENNOX TALKS ABOUT HER UPCOMING ALBUM, NOSTALGIA

YES, GAWD!!!! Annie Lennox is the goddess of blue-eyed soul, and this year she is taking that golden voice and wrapping it around some of her favorite songs from her childhood. On the upcoming album Nostalgia (out on vinyl September 30th, with a full release October 21st in the US and 27th internationally) Lennox delivers such standards as I Put A Spell On You, Georgia On My Mind, Summertime and Strange Fruit. Most of the collection are songs written in the 30s, 40s and 50s with Lennox bringing her individual stamp to modernize them. You can hear snippets of a few of the songs in the preview clip below (which looks like the first in a series of previews) and hear Annie talk about what to expect from the album. I can't wait!!! I worship Annie Lennox and I know this is going to be a stunning set. Watch below. Here is the full track listing for Nostalgia.

1. Memphis In June
2. Georgia On My Mind
3. I Put A Spell On You
4. Summertime
5. I Cover The Waterfront
6. Strange Fruit
7. God Bless The Child
8. September In The Rain
9. You Belong To Me
10. I Can Dream, Can't I?
11. The Nearness of You
12. Mood Indigo

No comments:

Post a Comment