Friday, May 4, 2012

21-DAY CLEANSE: DAY 12

DAY 12: Well, well, well. Day 12 it is!! Woke up to pouring rain this morning so I decided I would wait for my workout until after work so as not to start my day off soaking wet in workout attire. It was a nice extra hour of sleep. I packed up lunch and headed out for my Friday treat, a juice made for me at Westerly, and off to work. The rain had stopped by the time I left the house, by the way. See how smart I am? Ha. My music choice this morning? Alanis Morissette. Hadn't listened to her in a while and it was a punch of nostalgia the whole train ride. LOVE IT!!! "Cuz I got one hand in my pocket.....". Morning work completed, I had leftover Mexican Pilaf for lunch (seriously, can't get enough of it) and some water w/ lemon afterwards to wash it down. Interesting to note, Kris says in her book that it's NOT great to drink while eating. That it actually hinders your body's ability to digest. My digestion has been better since I started doing it, but I've also completely changed my diet, so..... My afternoon of work went smoothly and I was already excited for the weekend. I had time for some carrots and hummus on a break in the PM and then I went home and decided I was going to give myself a day off from the gym after all. I will go in the morning and that's still 5 days this week. I had some rice crackers, water with lemon and took a 20 minute power nap. I listened to some music and awaited my hubby's homecoming. We are juicing for dinner tonight to give our digestion a kickstart into the weekend. What a great end of the week!

8:00 AM - Green Lemonade
10:30 AM - Handful of mixed nuts & Herbal Tea w/ Stevia
12:00 PM - Mexican Pilaf
3:30 PM - Carrots and hummus
5:00 PM - Rice crackers w/ organic bean dip
8:00 PM - Green Juice

No comments:

Post a Comment