Saturday, May 7, 2011

DIVA DAY: OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN, DONNA SUMMER

This is a day of divas. All the ladies I grew up loving from a youngin' til now. I AM LEAVING MADONNA OFF THIS LIST BECAUSE I WORSHIP HER EVERY DAY ON HERE!!! Just a heads-up. My two first diva crushes ever were Olivia and Donna. I fell in love the second I heard their voices and saw them. Yes, I had more gay in me at five than most of you will have your whole life. I remember listening to Olivia Newton-John records at my Papaw's house. His second wife had a collection of LPs and Olivia was the one I always chose. Of course, she started off country, but I REALLY fell in love when she went all "Sandy 2" on our asses. As for Ms. Summer, I recall dancing around with my sister Wendy in her room in San Antonio, Tx listening to Casey Kasem's American Top 40 and Dim All the Lights coming on. Sigh. I danced the night away. So here are my first two divas of the day Olivia (A Little More Love) and Donna (She Works Hard for the Money).

No comments:

Post a Comment